Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Summer Writing Craftivity!

Ok, we are about to start the countdown!  We get out of school on June 10.  I have April Shower Stories up in the hallway so I need to do one more thing  to let my students show off what they can do!  We started our writing activity today by reading our story for the week.
 
How I Spent My Summer Vacation  is a cute story about a kid named Wallace who makes up a huge story about what he did over the summer.  After we read the story, we talked about some things that we would like to do this summer. This is list we came up with.


 
After we made our list, the kids decided what they wanted to write about.  They worked on their messy copy making sure they had capital letters, periods, describing words and transition words.  They copied their final copy and then made these cuties to go with their story!

Aren't they CUTEEEEEE!  They did a really good job on their summer plans writing!  You can see the entire unit in my Teacher's Pay Teacher's store by clicking HERE! The kids loved the "cool" sunglasses.  I can't believe it's time to talk about summer vacation already!  Let me know how you like the summer writing!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I don't teach writing right now, but I sent a link to this post to our K-2 teachers. FUN!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete