Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Persuasive Writing....Pllllleeeeeeease, may I have a puppy?

In writing this week, we wrote a persuasive paper trying to convince our parents to let us have a puppy.  The reasons that the kids came up with were awesome!....So, I need a puppy because he could fetch your slippers and you won't have to get up to get them.....I need  a puppy because I will have to play outside with him and that will help me get lots of exercise....I need a puppy because she will bark when someone comes to the door so we won't need a doorbell anymore!  They did a great job on their stories.  When we were finished, we made this little guy....
 And these cuties!
 And these guys!
 
This writing activity is part of a writing unit that I posted a few weeks ago on Teachers Pay Teachers.  There is a persuasive topic, like the one above, an informational prompt where the kids research and write about a particular dog breed, and an imaginative narrative, where their dog can talk for the day and they write about their adventures.  We started on our narratives today.  They have big plans for themselves and their dogs...going to Pet Smart, going to McDonalds, and going to the park!  I can't wait to read them!  You can see my entire unit by clicking here. 
So, I hope you all have a great Friday tomorrow!  Happy Weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment