Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Spelling Game

I love to use the spelling game "Spell and Switch" to practice spelling words before our spelling test on Friday.  Here is how it works.  I give everyone a small slip of paper. The kids write one of our weekly spelling words on the paper.  Next, everyone gets up and walks around to find someone to spell with.  For example, I ask you how to spell the word on my paper, you spell it, you ask me how to spell the word on your card, I spell it.  Then we "Switch" papers and go to the next person.  My kids love to get up and move around so they are stretching their legs AND practicing spelling at the same time.  You can use this "Switch" game with anything....math facts, vocabulary words, reading comprehension questions, skip counting, counting money....the possibilities are endless! AND, there is nothing you need to make!  Let the kids make the question cards!  Here are a few pictures of my class playing "Spell and Switch."









You've got to try this game! Let me know how it goes for you! Happy Weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment