Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Welcome Back to School and a Math Game for Free!

Yes, it sneaks up on me EVERY year!  Where did the summer go?  Next Wednesday is THE day that we return.  So, I guess I need to switch gears and get ready to hit the ground running!  I've gotten B2S Centers ready, Morning Work for August is ready and B2S Math is ready!  Now to copy, laminate and cut like crazy! 
Last year, I made these Popcorn Number Centers.  I ended up using them ALL year as a review.  They are all games so the kids loved playing them.  I don't think they can get too much practice using numbers to 1000.  I've attached one of the games from this pack for you to print for free.  Click HERE to print the free game.  If you want to see the entire unit, go to my Teacher's Pay Teacher's store by clicking HERE!  Here is what you get.
 
 
 
 
I plan to use these after the first few weeks of school.  They are correlated to Common Core Math Standards 2.NBT. 2, 3 and 4.
I am using by B2S Math unit for the first 10 days of school.  It is a review of Common Core Standards from First Grade.  Here is a look at this unit.
 


 
You can take a closer look at the preview by clicking HERE!
Also, I have Back to School Centers ready.  These unit has 4 literacy and 4 math centers.  They should be an easy review from first grade.  I like to have something in centers during the first week or two that students can do on their own.  I like to be free to walk around and monitor at first to be sure that I am seeing the behavior that I need to see during center work.   Click
 
 This will take you to my TPT store to have a closer look at the preview.  Here is what you get:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now, for reading.  I love to use the book Chrysanthemum on the first day of school.  I was reading Amy Lemons blog yesterday, Step Into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons.  She highlighted a Kevin Henkes Author Study written by Hollie Griffith.  I hopped right over to TPT and bought it.  There are activities for 5 Kevin Henkes books with cute craftivities  for each book.  I can't wait to use this with my students.  You can get to Hollies store on TPT by clicking HERE!
Here are some pictures of this unit.  I can't wait to use it with my kids!



 
 
Ok, one last thing and I think we are ready for the first few weeks.  I made a Morning Work for August book for my class.  I've also made one for September and plan to make one for each month for the rest of the school year.  This book has practice pages for 4 days and a quiz for the 5th day.  It is brief and to the point because I don't have a lot of time for morning work.  So, if you want to look at this book, click
HERE! Here is a look at what you get.
 
 
Here is a freebie of the first week of this book if you want to print. Click HERE TO GET THE FREEBIE!
 
Ok, so I think we are ready!  Leave me some feedback and tell me what you think!  Happy Planning!
Sharon

1 comments:

  1. Love it I am going to TPT to get the rest! I was just placed in 2nd grade so I am scrambling to locate age appropriate material.

    ReplyDelete