Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back to School Memory Book

It seems to me that every year, I contemplate what I could do with this brand new class of students.  I don't know these kids yet and they don't know me.  We need to be engaged and do some fun things while we are learning how to be in second grade.  So, that calls for something not too hard and not too easy, but something that is still meaningful.  I've written a Back to School Memory book that I am going to use this year with my students.  There are 10 pages for students to complete so I am planning on doing one page each day for the first two weeks of school.  We can come together as a class when everyone finishes and share the page for the day.  This will be a great way to get to know each other! It is also a great book to have out at Open House.  Our school always has one in September.   Here is a look at the unit.
This is called "Super Sweet Memory Book" and is cupcake themed. There are cover pages for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade. You can purchase the unit in my Teachers Pay Teachers store by clicking here!  This would be great morning work too!  I hope you are all enjoying the summer!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a page a day for the first 2 weeks but still having a collective product at the end. Great idea!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I'm going to use them for Open House. I think parents will love them!

      Delete