Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Common Core Math and a Freebie!

The beginning of school will be here before we know it!  I want to have everything ready for those first few weeks.  We all know how hectic it is...until...oh, October!  I just finished a unit that teaches Second Grade Common Core Math Standards 2. NBT. 1 and 3.  These standards cover groups of 10 to make 100, numbers to 1000, place value and writing numbers in standard form, word form, by drawing base 10 blocks and also expanded form.  This unit has almost everything you need to teach these standards.  In this 100 page unit, you will find lesson plans for 15 days, student class work, homework, quizzes, games and a project.  I have attached one of the games for you for free!  This game can be used whole group or in centers.  Each student gets a card and students try to find their match.  Students are matching number words with base 10 blocks.  This game could easily be a math center as well. To get your free copy of this game, click HERE! 
Here is a sneak peek at some of the pages. I used some really cute clown clip art from Scrappin Doodles.



 If you want to see the entire unit, you can go to my Teacher's Pay Teachers Store by clicking HERE! 
So, relax and enjoy the remaining weeks of summer!  I know I am!
Sharon

0 comments:

Post a Comment