Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fall Writing and Fall Math Freebies!

The hallway display can cause stress....am I the only one who thinks this?  At the beginning of school, I sent a poster home for my students to complete.  It was an "All About Me" kind of poster.  So they did the work at home and brought it back.  Bam....instant hallway display.  We all know how busy the beginning of school is....so I think the next time I even thought about the hallway, it was already into October.  So, that ruled out making anything about Halloween, because I know me...and I would have left it up way into Thanksgiving time.  So I thought about it and came up with a Fall writing activity and a Fall math activity.  Voila!  These can take me all the way to December!  I don't know about you, but I'm all for easy.  Here is how they turned out:



For writing, students listed "The Top 10 Things I Love About Fall."  For math, students rolled 3 number cubes to get a 3 digit number.  Then, they show the number  in standard form, with base 10 blocks, expanded form, word form, + 10, + 100, -10, -100,  and tell if it's odd or even. These activities were fun for the kids and turned out so cute!  I've put them in my Teachers Pay Teachers store for free for you!  Click HERE to go to my store to get your FREE copy!  If you download, please leave some comments and let me know how you like it!  Happy Fall Ya'll!
Sharon

0 comments:

Post a Comment