Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Celebrating Holidays Around the World!

I finally finished my Holidays Around the World Unit.  I can't wait to use it with my students.  It is a two week unit and covers ELA standards and Social Studies standards.  There are reading passages AND QR codes too!  There is also an ornament craft to make with each of the 8 countries. It is 74 pages of easy, fun December-ness!   Here is a look at some of the pages of  the finished unit.
This unit looks at Australia, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Hanukkah and England.  To see a longer preview, click HERE to go to my store.  I love it when things serve two purposes.  This unit teaches our students about what Christmas is like in other countries and in other cultures.  That is the great part.  The awesome part is this:  I have decided to let the ornaments that the students make become the Christmas gift for their parents!  I even included a gift envelope pattern in the unit.  So there you go.  Two weeks of reading/social studies planned AND parents present taken care of!  What more could you need!!!  I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!  Christmas, here we come!
Sharon

0 comments:

Post a Comment