Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Back To School # 1

I can't believe it is already the middle of July!  Before we know it, we will be welcoming a bunch of smiling faces into our classrooms once again!  If you haven't already, it is time to begin preparing.  I think that the more we can do ahead of time, the better!  So, it's time to think about room layout, how our shelves will be arranged, where the reading books will go, what bulletin boards we need to put up....and if you are changing your classroom theme, you have ALOT to do!  I am using the Dr. Seuss theme again next year.  I love the colors and the whimsy of the Dr. Seuss decorations. Outside in the hallway where I display student work says, "Oh The Places We'll Go In Second Grade!"  I bought the large hats that were supposed to be student hats and cut the bands off.  I laminated them and I put a label with each student's name on them.  I put a 11X18 laminated piece of black construction paper with each hat and that is where I display each student's work ALL YEAR!!!  It's easy to maintain because the only thing that I have to change is the student work.

Here are snow boys and girls in January. 
 This is a writing that we did in February about the importance of a good breakfast!
 This was a writing and a math activity last fall.
 And, at Easter, I took the hat part down and put our bunnies up! How cute are they!
 A bigger look at fall....
So I like that this is easy to maintain and can look good all year long!  I would love to hear your ideas about how to use your outside wall!
Sharon

0 comments:

Post a Comment